Port Request: Mono Moonlight

Paul Pathiakis pathiaki2 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 28 10:49:21 UTC 2014

Here's a big part of honesty.... I'm a senior systems architect.  I'm building a company and hope to go live soon, after two years of developing product and infrastructure.  I do this when not contracting/consulting.

I really don't have the time. :-(  Besides, haven't coded outside of scripting in quite a while.

If the company is a success, I plan on having it financing a lot of projects. :-)

Once I retire (less than 15 years.... yeah, I'm old), I plan on spending a lot of free time working for FreeBSD/ports/documentation. :-)

P.

On Friday, March 28, 2014 6:23 AM, John Marino <freebsd.contact at marino.st> wrote:

On 3/27/2014 11:35, Paul Pathiakis wrote:

> Thank you, Anton. I'm now enlightened. I guess my main request for a
> port is the ability to watch Netflix.  Yes, I know Silverlight is
> dead, however, this hasn't stopped Netflix from it's continued use.
> :-) I didn't know how to request a port that plays Netflix video.
> ;-)

I guess the first step to do that is identify the software that does
this, and make a request that this software be added to ports.

To improve your chances greatly of succeeding, you should attempt to
write the port makefiles for that software and submit it via PR.  People
are more likely to take a good base and make corrections than start from
scratch.

John