How are ports built now

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 17:17:04 UTC 2014

On Sat, Jun 7, 2014 at 10:19 PM, Paul Schmehl <pschmehl_lists at tx.rr.com> wrote:

> Thanks, but no, you misunderstand.  I just upgraded to servers to 8.4 and
> decided to adopt the new pkgng system at the same time.  Any time I upgrade
> the OS, I always rebuild all ports.  I've been using portmaster -ad to do
> that for a while now.

Ah, ok. Sorry for the confusion.
I'm still using portupgrade, and haven't used portmaster, so I have
nothing to add about that.

> One one of the servers I seem to be in some sort of loop.  Every time I run
> portmaster -ad the same ports come up for install/upgrade.  Yet when
> portmaster completes it says the ports were successfully installed.  Run
> portmaster -ad again, the same list pops up.

All I can say is follow this mailing list closely. There seems to be a
lot of problems with the ports tree lately, it has made me lose some
confidence in the ports tree. Now I only update when I absolutely have
to.

Good luck!
--
Regards,