[FreeBSD-Announce] FreeBSD bug tracking moves from GNATS to Bugzilla

John Marino freebsd.contact at marino.st
Tue Jun 3 17:12:25 UTC 2014

On 6/3/2014 18:57, Ulrich Spörlein wrote:

> A mood point for me, as I'll need a full account, but the Project should
> not make reporting bugs harder than it is already ... have you considered
> using reCATPCHA or something to fend of at least some of the spam?

Both ineffective and highly annoying continuously, not just one time
like registration is.   If there's a vote between captcha-any-flavor and
registration, I'll vote for the latter every single time.

I'm with Chisnall - it's doubtful most folks unwilling to register are
about to make a meaningful report.  And it's pretty much the standard
today.  What can you still post on anonymously / no registration that
isn't policed by humans 24/7?  Not much that I can think of.

John