please set math/gnuplot PDF=off by default, or resolve texlive vs teTeX

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jul 7 20:33:17 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jul 07, 2014 at 10:27:39PM +0200, A.J. 'Fonz' van Werven wrote:
> [Added CC to freebsd-tex@]
>
> Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Jul 07, 2014 at 07:32:23PM +0100, Anton Shterenlikht wrote:
> > > # make -C /usr/ports/math/gnuplot/ showconfig
> > > ===> The following configuration options are available for gnuplot-4.6.5_3:
> > >      CAIRO=on: Cairo graphics library support
> > >      DOCS=on: Build and/or install documentation
> > >      EXAMPLES=on: Build and/or install examples
> > >      GD=on: GD graphics library support
> > >      GRIDBOX=on: Use the gridbox optimization for hidden3d
> > >      PDF=on: PDF document support
> > >      ^^^^^^
> > >
> > The right thing here is to finish migrating the ports tree to texlive
> > and remove old teTeX I have been working a bit on that, but got borred,
> > if others want to join the party that would be helpful
> >
> > gnuplot is one of the port I failed at switching to texlive
>
> I quite agree. Even the author of teTeX says it shouldn't be used anymore.
> Now that we have TeX Live for FreeBSD thanks to Hiroki-san's efforts, I'd
> say it's time to move away from teTeX for good. It has served us well for
> the time being, but has really gotten obsolete.
>
> @bapt: If there's anything specific that needs to be done to make this
> transition happen, feel free to ask and I'll see what I can do.
 test/patch each ports using tetex so that they can use texlive, being careful
 about dependency chain so that we do not end on simethinh requiering texlive
 depending on something requiering tetex open PR about them, possibly mailing me
 the pr number so I can coordinate the switch, they I ll commit all of the at
 once.

 some might be tricky, I think I will open a meta pr to link all pr related to
 texlive in it to easier migration, thanks bugzilla we can do that now.

 Once done deprecate all tetex only ports (the one that cannot be migrated)

 and finally do the switch.

 regards,
 Bapt