please set math/gnuplot PDF=off by default, or resolve texlive vs teTeX

A.J. 'Fonz' van Werven freebsd at skysmurf.nl
Mon Jul 7 20:27:44 UTC 2014

[Added CC to freebsd-tex@]

Baptiste Daroussin wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 07, 2014 at 07:32:23PM +0100, Anton Shterenlikht wrote:
> > # make -C /usr/ports/math/gnuplot/ showconfig
> > ===> The following configuration options are available for gnuplot-4.6.5_3:
> >      CAIRO=on: Cairo graphics library support
> >      DOCS=on: Build and/or install documentation
> >      EXAMPLES=on: Build and/or install examples
> >      GD=on: GD graphics library support
> >      GRIDBOX=on: Use the gridbox optimization for hidden3d
> >      PDF=on: PDF document support
> >      ^^^^^^
> >
> The right thing here is to finish migrating the ports tree to texlive
> and remove old teTeX I have been working a bit on that, but got borred,
> if others want to join the party that would be helpful
>
> gnuplot is one of the port I failed at switching to texlive

I quite agree. Even the author of teTeX says it shouldn't be used anymore.
Now that we have TeX Live for FreeBSD thanks to Hiroki-san's efforts, I'd
say it's time to move away from teTeX for good. It has served us well for
the time being, but has really gotten obsolete.

@bapt: If there's anything specific that needs to be done to make this
transition happen, feel free to ask and I'll see what I can do.

AvW

--
Imbibo, ergo sum.