print/cups new 1.7.3 fails on undefined references in http.c

Thomas Mueller mueller6724 at bellsouth.net
Thu Jul 3 20:25:13 UTC 2014

from Matthias Andree:

> It is compiled as though it should use GNUTLS, but links against OPENSSL
> (-lssl -lcrypto) - the port maintainer might want to look into this;
> until then, flip the options to use OPENSSL, then it might work.

There is no port maintainer (ports at FreeBSD.org).

I could possibly wait and see if there is an update/correction?

It's much easier with NetBSD pkgsrc or Gentoo (Linux) to see what port options have been defined or modified by user.

User-specified options are in /etc/mk.conf or /etc/make.conf, like

.ifdef BSD_PKG_MK	# begin pkgsrc settings

PACKAGES= /usr/packages
PKG_DEVELOPER=YES
X11_TYPE=modular
PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS+= ssl inet6 nls ncurses pcre gtk2 x11 fftw esound cups sndfile png aalib
PKG_DBDIR=		/var/db/pkg
LOCALBASE=		/usr/pkg
VARBASE=		/var
PKG_TOOLS_BIN=		/usr/pkg/sbin
PKGMANDIR=		man
WRKDIR_BASENAME=        work699.amd64
MKMAINTAINERTOOLS=yes
WRKOBJDIR=              /BETA1/pkgsrc
PKGSRCDIR=              /BETA1/pkgsrc
PKG_OPTIONS.msmtp+= idn
PKG_OPTIONS.w3m+= w3m-image-gtk2
PKG_OPTIONS.gcc-aux+= testsuite
PKG_OPTIONS.mutt+= idn mutt-smtp -ncurses ncursesw
PKG_OPTIONS.avahi+= introspection
PKG_OPTIONS.fftw+= fftw-fortran
PKG_OPTIONS.boost+= icu
PKG_OPTIONS.sane-backends+= snmp
# PKG_OPTIONS.lynx+= ncurses
ACCEPTABLE_LICENSES+= socks5-license
ALLOW_VULNERABLE_PACKAGES=yes
DEPENDS_TARGET=package-install
UPDATE_TARGET=package-install
SKIP_LICENSE_CHECK=    yes

.endif			# end pkgsrc settings

Can something like this be done in FreeBSD with ports, instead of dialog?  It seems there have been some changes recently, would the Porter's Handbook be up-to-date?

It is a nuisance when I try to make config again, and get no dialog at all.

dialog4ports is a big improvement over the old dialog, but still not as good as being able to see options cleanly in mk.conf (make.conf).

Tom