What is the problem with ports PR reaction delays?

Aryeh Friedman aryeh.friedman at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 03:33:45 UTC 2014

> I like the KISS approach myself. This can be boiled down to those two
> issues, one of which is a symptom of the other. Arguing and debating over a
> long term solution to the OP's question does nothing to solve the problem
> in the short to intermediate term. There are 1680 current ports related
> PR's at this moment.

The reason for the whole tangent was the observation that large number of
the pending PR's are likely to fail one or more *BASIC*  tests and setting
stuff up to run those tests is trivial (like I said I voluneteer to do
it)... the other main thread there was that some of the *IDEAS* of SCM can
borrowed and incorporated into manual procedures (such as requiring a
successful build before a human will look at it) the other one is a more
formalized workflow such as the one that aegis enforces.... if just the
first is done I think half the PR's can be cleared out immediately and if
both then 80% can be cleared out within a few weeks