Request for porting "SoftEther VPN"

Tommy Scheunemann net at arrishq.net
Fri Jan 17 10:57:46 UTC 2014

Hello,

seems we both "went" into the same problem. What I did:

patching both makefiles (freebsd_32bit and freebsd_64bit) to add ${PREFIX}
and use this instead of the hardcoded /usr/bin one.
Though that doesn't seem to be required because the final "cp" process can
be triggered manually without calling "make install" at all.

Then adding "-I${PREFIX}/include -I/usr/include" and "-L${PREFIX}/lib
-L/usr/lib" - under 9.1 and 9.2 the compile run fails (when using gcc)
without this and complains about missing header files / libraries.
Additionally adding a dependency for openssl from the ports because the
final linking complains about a too old openssl version.

So for the datafiles - maybe doing it like:

${PREFIX}/lib/softether

placing all binary files and the datafiles there. Then creating small
scripts in

${PREFIX}/bin

that act as wrapper.

Finally - a small "rc" script to enable starting / stopping the entire
thing.

Kind regards