Request for porting "SoftEther VPN"

Big Lebowski spankthespam at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 10:25:42 UTC 2014

Hi,

I've almost the port ready, but I am just struggling with decision wether I
want to write patches for it, or not. The software is quite badly written,
and it expects a certain data file to exist... in the same directory as the
binaries. Normally, I'd install binaries to /usr/local/bin, but in this
case that'd require the file living in there, what's a mess I dont want to
create. The solution is to either install it in /usr/local/softether or to
patch it so that the data file could go to lib - I am undecided yet, as the
first solution is so linux'y and second requires rewriting piece of their
code.