How do submit updates to ports?

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Thu Feb 20 15:53:31 UTC 2014

On Thu, 20 Feb 2014, Fernando Apesteguía wrote:

> El 20/02/2014 02:28, "A.J. 'Fonz' van Werven" <freebsd at skysmurf.nl>
> escribió:
>>
>> Daniel Morante wrote:
>>
>>> How do I send updates to ports that I created/maintain?
>>
>> Send a PR, either by using send-pr(1) or through the web interface at
>> http://www.freebsd.org/send-pr.html
>>
>> If you are the maintainer, be sure to set the class to maintainer-update.
>>

> Also have a look at the porters handbook for good practices
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/

The sections on submitting a PR lack specifics:

Enter a PR.
synopsis: [patch] category/portname: update category/portname to n.nnn
category: [ports]
    class: [maintainer-update]

Entering the category and portname in that format help the automatic
scripts to identify the port and maintainer.  The second use could
probably just be the portname.