What should be in scripts shebangs for python2?

Marcus von Appen mva at freebsd.org
Thu Feb 20 08:15:02 UTC 2014

Lev Serebryakov <lev at freebsd.org>:

> Hello, Marcus.
> You wrote 19 февраля 2014 г., 19:55:00:
>

> MvA> In short:
> MvA> * Use ${PYTHON_CMD} to replace the shebang lines or references of the
> MvA> python command
>   So, it is not possible to use "static" patch? It is pity :(

It should be avoided, if possible. Especially, when it is a shebang
line, since
we have a quite powerful mechanism to replace shebangs with minimal effort.

> MvA> * Use the proper supported python version (yes for any, 2 or 3 for a
> MvA> branch, X.Y for a release)
> MvA>    for USE_PYTHON_BUILD
>  I've hoped, that USE_PYTHON_BUILD=2 guarantee me, that here is
> /usr/local/bin/python2 in system, but looks like it depends on something
> else.

No, USE_PYTHON_BUILD=2 should provide lang/python2, which will install
/usr/local/bin/python2. This works for many ports, so I have no idea,
what's wrong
with your port. Do you mind to send me a shar of the port, so I can
have a look?

[...]

Cheers
Marcus