FreeBSD Port: strongswan-5.1.1_1

Francois ten Krooden ftk at Nanoteq.com
Tue Feb 18 15:16:19 UTC 2014

Hi Clemens

I will have a look on my test setup with FreeBSD to see if I can get the same error.
As far as I know there wasn’t any changes that would cause this issue.

Just a question, did you recompile the standard FreeBSD kernel to include the support for IPsec, since the default kernel does not include the IPsec support.

Kind Regards

Francois ten Krooden
Senior Software Developer

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CF2CCC.0367AB70]

Tel: +27 12 672 7000
Fax: +27 12 665 1343
Postal: P.O. Box 7991, Centurion, 0046
Physical: 1 Pieter street, Highveld Park, Centurion

From: Clemens Schrimpe [mailto:csch at kiez.net]
Sent: 18 February 2014 03:21 PM
To: strongswan
Cc: ports at FreeBSD.org
Subject: FreeBSD Port: strongswan-5.1.1_1

Gentlepeople -

I am trying to work with Strongswan on a freshly installed FreeBSD 10 machine (vm) and it turns out, that a few fundamental things do not appear to work - regardless, if I compile the port myself or install binary package.

Namely the part, where Strongswan attempts to insert routes into the kernel by means of PF_ROUTE does not work at all. Tracing the call/message seems to reveal wrong parameterization of the arguments. Since this is a fundamental function I wonder, if anyone ever got this code to work or is everyone still using up-/down-scripts and never bothered about this?!

So before I dig deeper into this: Has anyone else spotted this before or is even "working" on it?

Please excuse my "email-attack". I'm new to the FreeBSD family and still need to familiarize myself with the procedures.

Thanks,

            Clemens

PS: Also: tcpdumping enc0 does not produce anything. Known/unknown? (Yes, I read the enc(4) man-page :-)

❙❙❙❙ Clemens Schrimpe  ❚ Berlin - Germany - Europe - Earth - Milkyway
Skype clemens.schrimpe<skype:clemens.schrimpe> ❚ Email csch at kiez.net<mailto:csch at kiez.net> ❚ twitter @csch42<https://twitter.com/csch42> ❚ α/adn @csch<https://alpha.app.net/csch> ❚ NO Facebook, Xing, LinkedIn, G+, whatever !!!
Jabber/XMPP csch at jabber.kiez.net<xmpp:csch at jabber.kiez.net?message> ❚ Threema ZDP86T5U ❚ NSA/GCHQ-enabled Email: clemens.schrimpe at gmail.com<mailto:clemens.schrimpe at gmail.com>
Fixed ⌕ +49 30 69207942<tel:+493069207942> ❚ Mobile ⌕ +49 172 3921242<tel:+491723921242> ❚ Fax +49 30 78703575 (totally deprecated since 1997 - please use email instead!)

Important Notice:

This e-mail and its contents are subject to the Nanoteq (Pty) Ltd e-mail legal notice available at:
http://www.nanoteq.com/AboutUs/EmailDisclaimer.aspx