FreeBSD Port: strongswan-5.1.1_1

Clemens Schrimpe csch at kiez.net
Tue Feb 18 13:21:10 UTC 2014

Gentlepeople -

I am trying to work with Strongswan on a freshly installed FreeBSD 10 machine (vm) and it turns out, that a few fundamental things do not appear to work - regardless, if I compile the port myself or install binary package.

Namely the part, where Strongswan attempts to insert routes into the kernel by means of PF_ROUTE does not work at all. Tracing the call/message seems to reveal wrong parameterization of the arguments. Since this is a fundamental function I wonder, if anyone ever got this code to work or is everyone still using up-/down-scripts and never bothered about this?!

So before I dig deeper into this: Has anyone else spotted this before or is even "working" on it?

Please excuse my "email-attack". I'm new to the FreeBSD family and still need to familiarize myself with the procedures.

Thanks,

	Clemens

PS: Also: tcpdumping enc0 does not produce anything. Known/unknown? (Yes, I read the enc(4) man-page :-)

❙❙❙❙ Clemens Schrimpe  ❚ Berlin - Germany - Europe - Earth - Milkyway
Skype clemens.schrimpe ❚ Email csch at kiez.net ❚ twitter @csch42 ❚ α/adn @csch ❚ NO Facebook, Xing, LinkedIn, G+, whatever !!!
Jabber/XMPP csch at jabber.kiez.net ❚ Threema ZDP86T5U ❚ NSA/GCHQ-enabled Email: clemens.schrimpe at gmail.com
Fixed ⌕ +49 30 69207942 ❚ Mobile ⌕ +49 172 3921242 ❚ Fax +49 30 78703575 (totally deprecated since 1997 - please use email instead!)