graphics/digikam-kde4 does not build on HEAD

Rainer Hurling rhurlin at gwdg.de
Sun Feb 16 11:01:42 UTC 2014

When I try to build graphics/digikam-kde4 on recent HEAD amd64 I get the
following error, complaining about missing -fPIC in graphics/opencv.

[ 36%] Building CXX object
digikam/CMakeFiles/digikamcore.dir/__/utilities/imageeditor/plugin/imagepluginloader.o
[ 36%] Building CXX object
digikam/CMakeFiles/digikamcore.dir/digikamconfig.o
Linking CXX shared library ../lib/libdigikamcore.so
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libopencv_ts.a(gpu_perf.cpp.o): relocation
R_X86_64_32S against `a local symbol' can not be used when making a
shared object; recompile with -fPIC
/usr/local/lib/libopencv_ts.a: could not read symbols: Bad value
c++: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see
invocation)
*** Error code 1
Stop.
make[4]: stopped in /usr/ports/graphics/digikam-kde4/work/digikam-3.5.0/core
*** Error code 1

I also have problems with a second port using graphics/opencv: math/saga
is not able to use its own module 'libimagery_opencv.so' at runtime.
Because of this, I suspect graphics/opencv is to blame instead of
graphics/digikam-kde4.

If digikam's report of missing -fPIC is right, what would be the right
way to integrate it?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Rainer Hurling