Why would a port use its own existence as an excuse to fail install?

Erich Dollansky erichsfreebsdlist at alogt.com
Sun Feb 16 03:46:59 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 19:31:19 -0800
David Wolfskill <david at catwhisker.org> wrote:

> Silly me -- I thought today might be a good day to upgrade X.org on my
> laptop to the NEW_XORG.

yes, Saturdays are good days for updates.

> >====> Compressing man pages (compress-man) ===>   Installing
> >ldconfig configuration file ===>  Installing for qt4-clucene-4.8.5
> >===>   Registering installation for qt4-clucene-4.8.5 Installing
> >qt4-clucene-4.8.5...pkg-static: qt4-clucene-4.8.5 conflicts with
> >qt4-clucene-4.8.5 (installs files into the same place).  Problematic
> >file: /usr/local/lib/qt4/libQtCLucene.la *** [fake-pkg] Error code 70

Cool!

> Eventually, it will probably become moot, as I'll (eventually)

Before you do this switch to svn and portupgrade.

> migrate to stable/10, and go through the deinstall-all-ports, then
> reinstall-all-ports exercise.... but, seriously...?  What's causing
> this?

Even this exercise can be done with svn and portupgrade.

I use portupgrade since many years. It was hard at the beginning but it
did not leave me with an machine I could not use anymore. Ok, it does
not upgrade the affected ports then but I still can use the machine.
Instruct it to make backup packages of the installed ports and you
should be real save.

Erich