bsd.apache.mk Malformed conditional when APACHE_VERSION defined

Dewayne Geraghty dewayne.geraghty at heuristicsystems.com.au
Mon Feb 3 08:42:17 UTC 2014

On 2/02/2014 9:51 PM, olli hauer wrote:
> On 2014-02-02 10:11, Dewayne Geraghty wrote:
>> I filed a PR against textproc/htdig which should really be against the
>> ports systems.
>>
>> Would someone be kind enough to advise the current method to specify the
>> apache version.   In ports.conf, I currently use
>> USE_APACHE=22 | APACHE_VERSION=22
>> to specify the required version of apache for:
>> textproc/htdig
>> www/mod_security
>> lang/php5
>>
>> I believe this PR
>>
>> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=186364
>>
>> which probably should be routed to the ports system, and not textproc/htdig
>>
>> The error is:
>> cd /usr/ports/textproc/htdig && make  -V UNIQUENAME
>> "/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.apache.mk", line 306: warning: String comparison
>> operator should be either == or !=
>> "/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.apache.mk", line 306: Malformed conditional
>> (!empty(_APACHE_VERSION_MINIMUM) && (${_APACHE_VERSION} <
>> ${_APACHE_VERSION_MINIMUM}))
>> "/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk", line 6603: if-less endif
>> make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
>>
>> which goes away if APACHE_VERSION isn't used, eg.
>> cd /usr/ports/textproc/htdig && make __MAKE_CONF=/dev/null -V UNIQUENAME
>> htdig
>>
> Hi Dewayne,
>
> APACHE_VERSION is a read only variable in case a port needs to know the
> installed / default Apache version -> do not set this variable!
>
> In case you want to specify a default apache use in etc/make.conf for example
>  APACHE_PORT=www/apache22
>
> See lines 12 - 25 in Mk/bsd.apache.mk

Olli,
Thank-you for pointing me to the right place.  I've removed
APACHE_VERSION=22;
but noted that

PERL_VERSION=5.16.3 | PYTHON_VERSION=python2.7
remain valid, which maintains my confusion.

With the ongoing changes to the ports system, I've also retained this line in make.conf
DEFAULT_VERSIONS=perl5=5.16 python=2.7 python2=2.7 apache=22

Though I suspect that using the latter is preferred and should be the stable way of constricting versions?

The last rebuild of all ports occurred on Jan 20, strange that APACHE_VERSION=22 didn't halt that rebuild cycle, as bsd.apache.mk has been changed for 2 months... One of life's mysteries.

Regards, Dewayne.