New Netdisco2 port and multiple port submission question

Kurt Jaeger lists at opsec.eu
Wed Aug 27 15:34:30 UTC 2014

Hi!

> I've packaged netdisco 2 (L2-3 network management tool) and some perl
> modules to get it work.
>
> http://netdisco.org/
> https://metacpan.org/pod/App::Netdisco
>
> Please test this if interested, I'll make a PR after some feedback :)
>
> I have some questions for skilled porters:
>  * What about the naming of the netdisco2 port, I choose
> 'p5-App-Netdisco' since this is a perl module, but I'm not sure

Well, there already is a net-mgmt/netdisco/ port for 1.3.3 -- why
the change to p5-App-Netdisco ? Is netdisco2 an upgrade for netdisco ?

If yes, why not use the same port ? net-mgmt/netdisco ?

>  * How to submit some ports at once (just attach all to PR ?)

Put the links to the download-URLs into the PR.

>  * Is a shar archive still needed, or a tarball ?

I would not mind the format, as long as it's not exotic,
but there seems no real consensus on the format.

> Here are the ports, extract them in the root of a port tree.
>
> http://dgeo.perso.ec-m.fr/ports/p5-App-Netdisco.tar.xz
> http://dgeo.perso.ec-m.fr/ports/p5-Algorithm-Cron.tar.xz

Warning: prerequisite Time::timegm 0 not found.

Can you provide a build/run dependency ?

> http://dgeo.perso.ec-m.fr/ports/p5-AnyEvent-DNS-EtcHosts.tar.xz
> http://dgeo.perso.ec-m.fr/ports/p5-App-local-lib-helper.tar.xz

Warning: prerequisite local::lib 0 not found.

See above.

--
pi at opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                         6 years to go !