[Patch] Using MACHINE_ARCH identifiers in pkg

Bryan Drewery bdrewery at FreeBSD.org
Thu Aug 14 15:02:34 UTC 2014

On 5/28/2014 11:54 AM, Nathan Whitehorn wrote:
> The current/previous values are also kept so
> that the patched pkg can install a package marked either with an x86:64
> or amd64-type architecture ID (symlinks will be needed for a little bit
> on the package server to allow both clients to work). Limited testing
> suggests it works well -- I can fetch and install packages fine. More
> testing would be great.

Symlinks are now setup to make testing of this easier.

I'll let Bapt signoff on this patch officially and its timeframe. It
seems reasonable to me. The use of 'x86' almost caused a regression
recently due to its ambiguity.

Cheers,
Bryan