Ports marked IGNORE

Kurt Jaeger lists at opsec.eu
Wed Aug 13 12:00:24 UTC 2014

Hi!

> While running "portupgrade -a", I found the following ports were marked as
> IGNORE:
>
>         - print/acroread9 (marked as IGNORE)
>         - ftp/linux-f10-curl (marked as IGNORE)
>         - textproc/linux-f10-expat (marked as IGNORE)
>         - security/linux-f10-gnutls (marked as IGNORE)
>         - security/linux-f10-libgcrypt (marked as IGNORE)
>         - textproc/linux-f10-libxml2 (marked as IGNORE)
>         - security/linux-f10-nss (marked as IGNORE)
>         - net/linux-f10-openldap (marked as IGNORE)
>         - security/linux-f10-openssl (marked as IGNORE)
>         - graphics/linux-f10-png (marked as IGNORE)
>         - graphics/linux-f10-tiff (marked as IGNORE)
>
> Are there any plains to update/correct these programs?

Not those, they are part of really ancient linux packages which
provide part of a linux emulation environment. f10 == Fedora 10.

Here is more info on the state of the linux emu, there is
work being done to update it to fedora 19 or 20, centos 6 or 7
and some more recent linux-kernel emulation (even for 64bit linux).

https://wiki.freebsd.org/201407DevSummit/LinuxEmulation

> Also, what is suppose
> to replace "print/acroread9"? I need that program or something that works
> similar to it.

Acrobat itself no longer supports acroread9, and 10+11 are not
provided for linux anymore. So: It's a real issue, and I know no
solution.

I use xpdf for most PDF stuff. There are other PDF display programs
but as far as I understand, most use the same core (poppler).

There is graphics/mupdf, which probably uses a different core, maybe
it does what you need ?

--
pi at opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                         6 years to go !