WANT_PHP_WEB is just a synonym for WANT_PHP_CGI in automated build environments

Melvyn Sopacua melvyn at magemana.nl
Sun Aug 3 16:29:05 UTC 2014

Hi Matthew,

On Sun, 3 Aug 2014, Matthew Pounsett wrote:

> On Aug 3, 2014, at 02:07 , Melvyn Sopacua <melvyn at magemana.nl> wrote:

>> For automated builds use the OPTIONS framework. Tinderbox can handle
>> that just fine.
>
> Right, and I’m speaking from the perspective of the admin building the
> port, not the maintainer.  The maintainer can set that the port will
> work with either .. but in an automated build environment it looks
> like there is no knob for the administrator to tell the ports system
> which to use.

Unless that changed in recent years, you can have Tinderbox mount your
options database in /var/db/ports into the build jail. So you can do one
configure run and set it.

A second possibility is to simply add www/mod_php5 to ports to be built,
since it's no longer part of lang/php5. This won't work for the
upstream-abandoned php 5.3.

A third is to set php53_SET=APACHE in /etc/make.conf.

> Again.. unless I’m missing some knob that exists to give guidance to
> the ports system.   I’m familiar with the options framework, but I
> can’t find anything in bsd.php.mk that could be used to give guidance
> to the ports system that mod_php5 is desired when WANT_PHP_WEB is
> defined.

WANT_PHP_WEB actually pulls in the apache module if php is installed
only with the CLI or EMBED backend. See this bit:

if defined(WANT_PHP_MOD) || (defined(WANT_PHP_WEB) && defined(PHP_VERSION) && ${PHP_SAPI:Mcgi} == "" && ${PHP_SAPI:Mfpm} == "")
USE_APACHE_RUN= 22+
.include "${PORTSDIR}/Mk/bsd.apache.mk"
RUN_DEPENDS+=   ${PHPBASE}/${APACHEMODDIR}/libphp5.so:${PORTSDIR}/${MOD_PHP_PORT}
.endif

--
Melvyn