WANT_PHP_WEB is just a synonym for WANT_PHP_CGI in automated build environments

Melvyn Sopacua melvyn at magemana.nl
Sun Aug 3 06:07:53 UTC 2014

Hello!

On Sat, 2 Aug 2014, Matthew Pounsett wrote:

> It looks to me like the rules that WANT_PHP_WEB uses to decide whether
> to build the CGI or module version of PHP will always choose the CGI
> version unless the module is already installed.  If this is true, it
> means that in automated build environments (e.g. tinderbox) – where
> *only* the direct dependencies of a port are installed at build time –
> there isn’t any way to tell WANT_PHP_WEB to install the module.  This
> effectively makes WANT_PHP_WEB a synonym for WANT_PHP_CGI in these
> environments.

I don't see the problem.
If you want the mod_php module in your port set WANT_PHP_MOD.
If you don't care which implementation it is as long as it can speak
with a webserver, you set WANT_PHP_WEB.

The WANT_PHP_WEB knob is for >port maintainers< that trust the
system administrators that use the PHP software will know what suits
them most.

For automated builds use the OPTIONS framework. Tinderbox can handle
that just fine.

--
Melvyn