Help understanding ports tinderbox failure report?

Pietro Cerutti gahr at gahr.ch
Mon Sep 23 08:46:13 UTC 2013

On 2013-Sep-23, 10:23, Tijl Coosemans wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 10:08:11 +0200 Pietro Cerutti wrote:
> > On 2013-Sep-22, 17:55, David Wolfskill wrote:
> >> Back in July, I filed PR ports/180642 (as the port maintainer for
> >> astro/gpsman) to update that port from 6.4.4 to 6.4.4.1.
> > [snip]
> >> I've attached a revised patch, to:
> >> * Perform the 6.4.4 -> 6.4.4.1 upgrade.
> >> * Replace the "USE_TK_RUN" (& "USE_TK_WRAPPER") with "USES+= tk:wrapper,run".
> >> * Avoid showing the pkg-message if NOPORTDOCS is defined.
> >
> > please find attached a revised patch, including:
> >
> > - the update to 6.4.4.1
> > - update to the new OPTIONS framework (s|NOPORTDOCS|!${PORTOPTIONS:MDOCS})
> > - install man pages along with docs
> > - fix wish and datadir paths in gpsman.tcl
> >
> > Approved?
>
> The tinderbox build also defined NOPORTDATA.  This variable makes little
> sense, but you could support it in the do-install target (don't install
> ${PREFIX}/share/gpsman (aka ${DATADIR})).

I see the problem. In this case, it makes little sense to avoid
installing PORTDATA for this port, as everything is in DATADIR,
including the script that is symlinked to ${PREFIX}/bin/gpsman, and the
port won't work without the stuff in DATADIR.

> Since you converted NOPORTDOCS, could you also add OPTIONS_DEFINE=DOCS?

i'm not sure it's common to add OPTIONS only for DOCS.

> Manpages are always installed I think.  If they are optional they fall
> under the MANPAGES option.

This makes sense. A revised patch is attached.

--
Pietro Cerutti
gahr at gahr.ch

PGP Public Key: