Perl port to select in make.conf

Mathieu Arnold mat at mat.cc
Tue Sep 3 08:31:31 UTC 2013

+--On 3 septembre 2013 12:22:23 +0400 Dmitry Morozovsky <marck at rinet.ru>
wrote:
|> If you mean it will stop 5.16.3 being upgraded to 5.16.4, it wont
|> (unless there's something specific in the way poudriere handles perl).
|>
|> When you install perl (as part of an upgrade or as a dependency) it
|> writes the new PERL_VERSION into make.conf.
|
| Well, all would go well unless it was a *special* make.conf used for
| poudriere  bulk building instead of system one.

Hum, on my poudriere install (for 200+ servers, it becomes nice to have
one) I have :
# cat pkgng-make.conf
WITH_PKGNG=yes
PERL_VERSION=5.16.3
RUBY_DEFAULT_VER=1.8
RUBY_VER=1.8

And when I install Perl 5.16, in /etc/make.conf it adds :
# added by use.perl 2013-06-16 21:48:17
PERL_VERSION=5.16.3

And then, I only do pkg upgrade, so, it works :-)

| Well, possibly I should use 'could stop' instead of definitively-looking
| 'will  stop'
|
| BTW, are there any special place where poudriere usage should be
| discussed?

There's #poudriere on freenode :-)

According to
<https://fossil.etoilebsd.net/poudriere/doc/trunk/doc/index.wiki>, there is