Perl port to select in make.conf

Dmitry Morozovsky marck at rinet.ru
Tue Sep 3 08:22:27 UTC 2013

On Mon, 2 Sep 2013, RW wrote:

> > > I use PERL_VERSION=5.16.3.
> >
> > It definitely works, but will stop with 5.16 upgrade; that is the
> > situation to avoid.
>
> If you mean it will stop 5.16.3 being upgraded to 5.16.4, it wont
> (unless there's something specific in the way poudriere handles perl).
>
> When you install perl (as part of an upgrade or as a dependency) it
> writes the new PERL_VERSION into make.conf.

Well, all would go well unless it was a *special* make.conf used for poudriere
bulk building instead of system one.

Well, possibly I should use 'could stop' instead of definitively-looking 'will
stop'

BTW, are there any special place where poudriere usage should be discussed?

Thanks!

--
Sincerely,
[ FreeBSD committer:                                 marck at FreeBSD.org ]