www/firefox build failure on i386

Dimitry Andric dim at FreeBSD.org
Thu Oct 31 20:53:14 UTC 2013

On 31 Oct 2013, at 18:53, Dimitry Andric <dim at freebsd.org> wrote:
> On 31 Oct 2013, at 06:27, Kenta Suzumoto <kentas at hush.com> wrote:
>> Hi. I'm trying to build Firefox 25 and the build failed after a long time of compiling.
>> Any help would be appreciated, thank you. The full log is here:
>>
>> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9576083/firefox-25.0%2C1.log
> This is a bug in clang that was fixed in head (r255804), and merged to
> stable/9 (r255946), but the fix unfortunately did not make it in time
> for 9.2-RELEASE.  See also http://llvm.org/PR15840 .
> Alternatively, you can apply just the diff from r255804 to your release
> source tree, then rebuild clang (or world) and reinstall it.

Here is that diff.  Apply it to the 9.2-RELEASE sources installed in
/usr/src, then build and install clang, using:

cd /usr/src/lib/clang
make obj && make depend && make -j4
cd /usr/src/usr.bin/clang/clang
make obj && make depend && make -j4
sudo make install

Then you should be able to build www/firefox with it.

-Dimitry