www/firefox build failure on i386

Dimitry Andric dim at FreeBSD.org
Thu Oct 31 17:53:22 UTC 2013

On 31 Oct 2013, at 06:27, Kenta Suzumoto <kentas at hush.com> wrote:
> Hi. I'm trying to build Firefox 25 and the build failed after a long time of compiling.
> Any help would be appreciated, thank you. The full log is here:
>
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9576083/firefox-25.0%2C1.log

Hi,

This is a bug in clang that was fixed in head (r255804), and merged to
stable/9 (r255946), but the fix unfortunately did not make it in time
for 9.2-RELEASE.  See also http://llvm.org/PR15840 .

I am not sure what the best workaround is for a release installation.
You can either update to stable/9, or you can try to install the
lang/clang-devel port, and try to compile firefox with it.

Alternatively, you can apply just the diff from r255804 to your release
source tree, then rebuild clang (or world) and reinstall it.

-Dimitry