FreeBSD Port: ctags-5.8
mathias at monnerville.com
Thu Oct 31 12:29:11 UTC 2013
I know ctags 5.8 is the latest upstream stable version, but I'm aware of
some nice patches and fixes labelled as ctags-5.9 in many GNU/Linux
distros. For example, Debian
chips a ctags-5.9~svn20110310 with the following changes (from
exuberant-ctags (1:5.9~svn20110310-2) unstable; urgency=low
* Add Go support, from a patch by Alexey Marinichev (closes: #634166).
exuberant-ctags (1:5.9~svn20110310-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream release snapshot (thanks, Daniel Hahler; LP: #732860).
- Fix crash with comments inside strings in OCaml (LP: #554898).
* Drop accepted patches:
* For Python, disable -i so imports are not tagged by default (thanks,
Barry Warsaw; LP: #618979).
* Upstream uses AC_SYS_LARGEFILE now, so drop explicit
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 in debian/rules.
* Fix infinite loop parsing vim commands, when a non-alphanumeric
character other than whitespace or '-' is found before the first
alphanumeric character after 'command' (LP: #736367).
It could be nice to also have Golang support in ctags on FreeBSD.
I would be glad to open a PR for a new devel/ctags-devel port that I would
What do you think about it?
More information about the freebsd-ports