KDE3 apps replacements?

Olivier Duchateau duchateau.olivier at gmail.com
Sun Oct 13 17:32:14 UTC 2013

2013/10/13 Per olof Ljungmark <peo at intersonic.se>:
> Hi,
>
> I am finally in the process of removing KDE3 completely, switched to
> Xfce some time ago, and wonder if any of you could recommend suitable
> replacements for some of the apps:
>
> kpdf            pdf viewer with the ability to copy text from

In Gtk, you can try:
- graphics/epdfview
- graphics/electrix
- graphics/evince (needs GNOME dependencies)

or graphics/mupdf

> kWrite          simple text editor with some filetype and highlighting

Xfce provides editors/mousepad, since 0.3.0 release, it uses
gtksourceview (syntax highlighting), but there're editors/geany,
editors/emacs...

>                 features + easy to switch encoding (vim/gvim?)
> kPatience       Card game, Freecell in particular
> kColorChooser   pick html color names
> kRuler          Pixel screen ruler

No games with Xfce, you should see KDE4 and / or GNOME.

> kSnapshot       Screen dump to jpg and/or png

x11/xfce4-screenshooter-plugin (it's an application) is equivalent to ksnapshot.

> Thank you!

olivier