poudriere options -c does not work as expected?

Bryan Drewery bdrewery at FreeBSD.org
Thu Oct 10 12:00:53 UTC 2013

On 10/10/2013 6:26 AM, Anton Shterenlikht wrote:
> I need to change options for several ports to get
> them build on ia64, e.g.
> ===>  Configuring for R-3.0.1
> libquadmath is not available for your compiler and architecture: please enable the MISSING option.
> *** Error code 1
> make: stopped in /usr/ports/math/R
>
> I set the options with "poudriere options -c math/R".
>
> But the option doesn't seem to be set:
>
> # make -C  /pdr/ports/math/R showconfig |grep MISSING
>      MISSING=off: use libmissing rather than libquadmath

It doesn't work like this. poudriere options stores options in
/usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/options not in /var/db/ports, you can't run
'make -C...showconfig' from host to see the options without adding
PORT_DBDIR.

Try make -C ... showconfig PORT_DBDIR=/usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/options