10.0-hosted tinderbox: 8.4 builds broken?

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at FreeBSD.org
Wed Oct 9 15:59:56 UTC 2013

On Wed, Oct 09, 2013 at 06:09:55PM +0700, Alexey Dokuchaev wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've started to observe the following error when trying to tinderbuild
> (freshly cvs up'ed from marcuscom.com) a port for -b 8.4:

>   add_pkg pkg-1.1.4_7.tbz
>   adding dependencies
>   pkg_add pkg-1.1.4_7.tbz
>   The package management tool is not yet installed on your system.
>   Do you want to fetch and install it now? [y/N]: tar: Error opening
> archive: Failed to open 'pkg-1.1.4_7.tbz'
>   /buildscript: ./pkg-static: not found
>   error in dependency pkg-1.1.4_7.tbz, exiting
>
> In fact, pkg-1.1.4_7.txz *is* generated for 8.4, but extensions are
> different (.txz vs. .tbz).
>
> Why does it happen?  I was under impression that 8.x will never switch to
> pkgng.  Am I doing something wrong, or need to configure my tindy somehow?

1/ yes 8.x will one day switch to pkgng :) but that is not the case yet.
2/ this is one of the design bugs of tinderbox. The very recent update of
tinderbox might have fixed that one.

regards,
Bapt