what on earth and how do I fix:

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Sat Oct 5 07:20:01 UTC 2013

On 05/10/2013 05:29, Aryeh Friedman wrote:
> I maintain a port (not officially a part of the ports collection yet) that
> compiled just fine before "staging" support was added now I get:
>
> chown -R www:www /usr/local/etc/petitecloud
> ====> Compressing man pages
> ===> Correct pkg-plist sequence to create group(s) and user(s)
> ===>  Installing for petitecloud-0.1.9
> ===>   Registering installation for petitecloud-0.1.9
> pkg-static:
> lstat(/usr/ports/emulators/petitecloud/work/stage/usr/local/apache-tomcat-7.0/webapps/petitecloud-0.1.9-aryeh.war):
> No such file or directory
>

> How do I fix this?

This indicates a file listed in the pkg-plist that is not being
installed into the staging area.  If it was a case of a missing
${STAGEDIR} reference somewhere, you'ld probably see an error from 'make
stage' (as non root) when the port tried to put the file into
${LOCALBASE} directly.

If you want to submit this port to FreeBSD, then you'll need to make it
work with staging.  New ports should not be committed with 'NO_STAGE'
enabled.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--