poudirere behave-alike for

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at FreeBSD.org
Tue Nov 26 08:27:46 UTC 2013

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 02:15:59AM +0100, Christopher J. Ruwe wrote:
> I think my question is slightly off-topic, but I think freebsd-ports@
> may be the best of many not so good fits:
>
> I need to build packages for Solaris and SmartOS. My first choice
> would be ports, which unfortunately are not very well suited to
> cross-building. Instead I use, as many people, pkgsrc.
>
> I would like to leverage pkgsrc with something like poudriere,
> especially as I have ZFS and zones in Solaris/SmartOS. I found in a
> message on the DragonFlyBSD list
> http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/users/2013-01/msg00008.html
> a mention of poudriere being used on DragonFly/pkgsrc.
>
> Does anybody know of the state of this piece of software? The git
> repos I can find on google are stale links. As etoilebsd is
> referenced in the mail from DragonFly, I chose to ask here first.
>
> To all of you, have a nice week, cheers,

As the creator of poudriere I would be more that happy to see poudriere ported
to Solaris-based os, on the paper it shouldn't be that hard: you have zfs
already zones that can probably be used the way we use the jails right now or
you can fallback on chroot like dragonfly does, you have tmpfs etc. That's on
the paper.

porting on pkgsrc would also be nice, I have been contacted by a couple of
pkgsrc developper but so far nothing came out.

Just keep in mind, that the main target will always remain FreeBSD but I can
offer a dedicated branch and tell you that there will be convergence. That is
how we do now with dragonfly.

regards,
Bapt