sysutils/parallel maintainer: looking for guidance

Chris Howey howeyc at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 00:54:53 UTC 2013

The latest version of parallel (20131122) has added a "Please use the below
reference to cite parallel" notice that prints a few lines of output to
stderr when it runs.

User action is required to stop this notice from appearing upon every
invocation (by running "parallel --bibtex" once).

My concern is that anyone currently running automated scripts using
parallel may be caught off guard by this, should I keep it anyway, or
comment it out in a patch?

Maybe a pkg-message, or a note in UPDATING, or is it even worth worrying
about?