OPTIONSng: Overide options in /var/db/ports/*/options ?

Marco Steinbach coco at executive-computing.de
Sun Mar 17 15:45:13 UTC 2013

Matthew Seaman wrote on 17.03.2013 14:49:
> On 17/03/2013 12:16, Marco Steinbach wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> is there a way to overide options stored in /var/db/ports/*/options,
>> basically getting back the pre-OPTIONSng behaviour of being able to
>> overide port options in /etc/make.conf ?
>>
>> Before OPTIONSng was introduced, I was able to specify options in
>> /etc/make.conf (WITHOUT_X11, WITHOUT_CUPS, WITH_MAILHEAD, WITH_SSL,
>> WITH_MYSQL, WITH_DOVECOT, ...), which then overode any occurency of that
>> option in any port (or just specific ones, by e.g. checking .CURDIR),
>> regardless of the setting the ports option file contained.
>
> Find the uniquename of the port[*] (by 'make -V UNIQUENAME') then in
> /etc/make.conf
>
> uniquename_SET= FOO BAR BAZ
> uniquename_UNSET= BLURFL
>
> will override the default settings in that port's Makefile for the FOO,
> BAR, BAZ and BLURFL options.
>
> Note: this won't override any settings you make from an options dialog.
> Might be a good idea to 'make rmconfig' if you only want to rely on
> /etc/make.conf

[...]

Exactly my point.  Currently, with OPTIONSng there seems to be no way to
overide anything in /var/db/ports/*/options.

I find it irritating, that I no longer can be sure about options in
/etc/make.conf.  I have to check/reconfigure to make sure.

As much as I like OPTIONSng (especially in combination with
dialog4ports), this is one thing I'd very much like OPTIONSng to
relearn: Enforce options regardless of what's in a ports options file.

Enforcing invalid multi/single/radio option combinations may be a
possible pitfall, but that's catched by OPTIONSng, and the build simply
stops.

MfG CoCo