OPTIONSng: Overide options in /var/db/ports/*/options ?

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Sun Mar 17 13:49:30 UTC 2013

On 17/03/2013 12:16, Marco Steinbach wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there a way to overide options stored in /var/db/ports/*/options,
> basically getting back the pre-OPTIONSng behaviour of being able to
> overide port options in /etc/make.conf ?
>
> Before OPTIONSng was introduced, I was able to specify options in
> /etc/make.conf (WITHOUT_X11, WITHOUT_CUPS, WITH_MAILHEAD, WITH_SSL,
> WITH_MYSQL, WITH_DOVECOT, ...), which then overode any occurency of that
> option in any port (or just specific ones, by e.g. checking .CURDIR),
> regardless of the setting the ports option file contained.

Find the uniquename of the port[*] (by 'make -V UNIQUENAME') then in
/etc/make.conf

uniquename_SET= FOO BAR BAZ
uniquename_UNSET= BLURFL

will override the default settings in that port's Makefile for the FOO,
BAR, BAZ and BLURFL options.

Note: this won't override any settings you make from an options dialog.
Might be a good idea to 'make rmconfig' if you only want to rely on
/etc/make.conf

	Cheers

	Matthew

[*] Except that uniquename is not always unique to one port, but the
exceptions are relatively few.

--
Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.

JID: matthew at infracaninophile.co.uk