starnge ports tree error: perl5.16 non-existent -- dependency list incomplete

Shane Ambler FreeBSD at ShaneWare.Biz
Fri Mar 15 02:23:01 UTC 2013

On 15/03/2013 00:34, Beeblebrox wrote:
> Can someone tell me what's going on here? Perl gets installed twice then
> fails because it is not there?
> I have tested with enabling only one of below at-a-time in build-jail's
> make.conf, but no use.
> PERL_VERSION= 5.16  \  #PERL_DEFAULT_VERSION= 5.16  \  #PERL_PORT= perl5.16

PERL_PORT uses a two digit version - 5.16
PERL_VERSION should be a three digit version - 5.16.2

My guess is that your entry for PERL_VERSION is not getting updated by
the perl install as it isn't a grep match.