CURRENT: lang/gcc fails to build on CURRENT with error: configure: error: no usable dependency style found

Beeblebrox zaphod at berentweb.com
Mon Mar 11 10:40:13 UTC 2013

Merging my question in here if you don't mind, since same issue
(http://freebsd.1045724.n5.nabble.com/sbintime-t-quot-error-unknown-type-name-quot-Should-I-file-PR-td5794526.html)

I have no special CFLAGS. For debug I have disabled these:
#FORCE_MAKE_JOBS=yes  \  #MAKE_JOBS_NUMBER=9  \  #WITH_CPUFLAGS=yes  \
#BUILD_OPTIMIZED=yes
The output for lang/perl5.16 is in the other thread. There is no log file, I
can post a config.cache if you like.

output for #make lang/gcc:
config.status: creating testsuite/Makefile
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: executing default commands
none
configure: error: no usable dependency style found
gmake[1]: *** [configure-libcpp] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/obj/asp/ports/lang/gcc/work/build'
gmake: *** [all] Error 2
*** [do-build] Error code 1

output for #make -DNO_CCACHE lang/gcc:
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating testsuite/Makefile
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: executing default commands
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/obj/asp/ports/lang/gcc/work/build'
gmake: *** [all] Error 2
*** [do-build] Error code 1

output for #make -DNO_CCACHE lang/gcc48:
config.status: creating backtrace-supported.h
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: executing libtool commands
config.status: executing gstdint.h commands
config.status: executing default commands
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/obj/asp/ports/lang/gcc48/work/build'
gmake[1]: *** [stage1-bubble] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/obj/asp/ports/lang/gcc48/work/build'
gmake: *** [bootstrap-lean] Error 2
*** [do-build] Error code 1