CURRENT: lang/gcc fails to build on CURRENT with error: configure: error: no usable dependency style found

Dimitry Andric dim at FreeBSD.org
Mon Mar 11 10:17:53 UTC 2013

On 2013-03-10 00:39, Steve Kargl wrote:
> If you have a clang built FreeBSD-current, then it is no
> longer possible to *bootstrap* gcc-4.6.x, gcc-4.7.x, nor
> the upcoming gcc-4.8.0.  AFAICT, the problem is related
> to /usr/bin/cpp.  I haven't tried earlier versions of
> gcc.

I have built the lang/gcc47 and lang/gcc48 ports just now, and they
compiled without any issues.  What is the exact error you have been
getting?

I think there must be a common problem you and Oliver have in your build
environment, most likely non-default CFLAGS.  What happens if you remove
make.conf and src.conf, do the gcc ports then build successfully?