Using RUN_DEPENDS := ${BUILD_DEPENDS} is now a bug

Eitan Adler lists at eitanadler.com
Mon Mar 4 20:20:37 UTC 2013

On 4 March 2013 10:50, Chris Rees <utisoft at gmail.com> wrote:

Add WITH_CCACHE_BUILD=yes  to /etc/make.conf

Use this Makefile:

Try "make run-depends-list" with and without the commented line.  Note
that USE_CMAKE, USE_GMAKE, etc. can also trigger the buggy behavior.

Note that this behavior is somewhat fixed if you add BUILD_DEPENDS=
(no +) prior to setting RUN_DEPENDS.  However, I've seen ports without
this.  I'm not really sure why.

======

# $FreeBSD$

PORTNAME=	led
PORTVERSION=	2.0
CATEGORIES=	editors
MASTER_SITES=	SF/${PORTNAME}-editor/${PORTNAME}/${PORTVERSION}

MAINTAINER=	ports at FreeBSD.org
COMMENT=	A tiny text editor, with a number of useful programming features

#RUN_DEPENDS:=	${BUILD_DEPENDS}

GNU_CONFIGURE=	yes
USE_PERL5=	yes

.include <bsd.port.mk>

======

After some thought I think I was confusing the issue.  The problem is
using RUN_DEPENDS:=	${BUILD_DEPENDS} without also setting
BUILD_DEPENDS, not using "RUN_DEPENDS:=	${BUILD_DEPENDS}" in general.

--
Eitan Adler