openfire upgrade to 3.8

Pietro Cerutti gahr at FreeBSD.org
Mon Mar 4 13:42:32 UTC 2013

On 2013-Mar-04, 15:04, Volodymyr Kostyrko wrote:
> 28.02.2013 17:41, Pietro Cerutti:
> > On 2013-Feb-28, 16:39, Volodymyr Kostyrko wrote:
> >> 28.02.2013 11:43, Pietro Cerutti:

> >> Thank you for update. But how can I uninstall all bundled plugins? Or
> >> can I just skip plugin installation?
> >
> > Good idea. I just committed an update that adds an option to turn off
> > the installation of the bundled plugins. Just run 'make config' and
> > uncheck the PLUGINS options. Then reinstall.
> >

> Fails to start WITHOUT_PLUGINS for me:
>
> /usr/local/bin/java -server -jar -Xmx256M
> -Dopenfire.lib.dir=/usr/local/share/java/openfire/lib
> -DopenfireHome=/usr/local/share/java/openfire
> /usr/local/share/java/openfire/lib/startup.jar
> org/jivesoftware/util/Log
>          at
> org.jivesoftware.openfire.starter.ServerStarter.start(ServerStarter.java:104)
>          at
> org.jivesoftware.openfire.starter.ServerStarter.main(ServerStarter.java:58)
> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jivesoftware.util.Log
>          at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:366)
>          at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:355)
>          at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>          at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:354)
>          at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:423)
>          at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)
>          at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:356)
>          ... 2 more
>
> Full version works like a charm.

Thanks for the report. Are you able to identify the missing file?

> While I'm here:
>
> http://community.igniterealtime.org/message/227216
>
> I hit this one too, tracing the start script I see:
>
> + _run_rc_doit 'openfire_stop '
> + debug 'run_rc_command: doit: openfire_stop '
> + eval 'openfire_stop '
> + openfire_stop
> + check_pidfile /var/run/openfire.pid COPYRIGHT bin boot compat
> compat.old dev entropy etc home lib libexec limb0 media mnt proc rescue
> root sbin slim.core sys tmp usr var var.new
> + _pidfile=/var/run/openfire.pid
> + _procname=COPYRIGHT
>
> That looks like my root directory! :)

Yeah, looks like it. I can't reproduce it here:

+ _run_rc_doit 'openfire_stop '
+ debug 'run_rc_command: doit: openfire_stop '
+ eval 'openfire_stop '
+ openfire_stop
+ check_pidfile /var/run/openfire.pid '*/usr/local/openjdk7/bin/java*'
+ _pidfile=/var/run/openfire.pid
+ _procname='*/usr/local/openjdk7/bin/java*'
+ _interpreter=''

what's your uname -a ?

--
Pietro Cerutti