openfire upgrade to 3.8

Volodymyr Kostyrko c.kworr at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 13:05:02 UTC 2013

28.02.2013 17:41, Pietro Cerutti:
> On 2013-Feb-28, 16:39, Volodymyr Kostyrko wrote:
>>> Hello David,

>>> I was waiting for 3.8.1, which was supposed to be released a couple of
>>> days after 3.8 and solve a couple of issues, but since it hasn't
>>> arrived yet, I've just committed the update to 3.8.
>>
>> Thank you for update. But how can I uninstall all bundled plugins? Or
>> can I just skip plugin installation?
>
> Good idea. I just committed an update that adds an option to turn off
> the installation of the bundled plugins. Just run 'make config' and
> uncheck the PLUGINS options. Then reinstall.

Fails to start WITHOUT_PLUGINS for me:

/usr/local/bin/java -server -jar -Xmx256M
-Dopenfire.lib.dir=/usr/local/share/java/openfire/lib
-DopenfireHome=/usr/local/share/java/openfire
/usr/local/share/java/openfire/lib/startup.jar
org/jivesoftware/util/Log
         at
org.jivesoftware.openfire.starter.ServerStarter.start(ServerStarter.java:104)
         at
org.jivesoftware.openfire.starter.ServerStarter.main(ServerStarter.java:58)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jivesoftware.util.Log
         at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)
         ... 2 more

Full version works like a charm.

While I'm here:

http://community.igniterealtime.org/message/227216

I hit this one too, tracing the start script I see:

+ _run_rc_doit 'openfire_stop '
+ debug 'run_rc_command: doit: openfire_stop '
+ eval 'openfire_stop '
+ openfire_stop
+ check_pidfile /var/run/openfire.pid COPYRIGHT bin boot compat
compat.old dev entropy etc home lib libexec limb0 media mnt proc rescue
root sbin slim.core sys tmp usr var var.new
+ _pidfile=/var/run/openfire.pid
+ _procname=COPYRIGHT

That looks like my root directory! :)

--