ports && 10-CURRENT

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Wed Jun 19 14:15:29 UTC 2013

El día Wednesday, June 19, 2013 a las 06:32:40AM -0700, Cy Schubert escribió:

> You don't understand. devel/imake is a fine piece of software but people do
> not want to install more software than they have to. net/vnc comes with
> it's own integrated Xserver. Using this logic we should integrate
> x11-servers/xorg into it too. Neither makes sense. The only reason to use
> devel/imake is if net/vnc _installs_ its own imake, which it does not.
> There's no reason to install more software just to build other software if
> we don't need it. It's extra baggage.

I keep thinking, that _if_ there is already installed an imake, net/vnc
should make use of it and not try to build its own one; and most of the
users of net/vnc will have installed an X server before;

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz               |  /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign: www.asciiribbon.org
E-mail: guru at unixarea.de     |  \ / - No HTML/RTF in E-mail