Rebuild all ports for perl minor version update?

Florent Peterschmitt florent at peterschmitt.fr
Fri Jun 14 11:08:03 UTC 2013

Le 14/06/2013 10:12, Thomas Mueller a écrit :
> I see in the $PORTSDIR/UPDATING file that perl has been updated.
>
> perl5.16 has been updated from 5.16.2 to 5.16.3 .
>
> Since this is only (?) a minor-version update, why should it be necessary to upgrade all ports that depend on perl?
>
> portmaster -r perl
>
> In that case, why didn't they go to perl 5.18?
>
> Since so many ports depend on perl, and png too, maybe they should have updated perl and png (to 1.6.x) at the same time, then two massive portmaster or portupgrade runs could have been done together, as one even bigger portmaster or portupgrade run?
>

> Tom

If you don't want to rebuild *really* everything depending on perl, you
can first give a shot en perl modules:

pkg info | sed -rn 's/^(p5.*)-[0-9]+.*/\1/p' | xargs portmaster

Maybe this can be done using only pkg query but I'm too lazy for the
moment 8-}

But you should know that it can make other perl dependent ports not
working anymore.

--
Florent Peterschmitt           | Please:
florent at peterschmitt.fr        |  * Avoid HTML/RTF in E-mail.