The vim port needs a refresh

Chris Rees crees at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jun 8 17:51:05 UTC 2013

On 7 June 2013 19:56, David O'Brien <obrien at freebsd.org> wrote:
> On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 09:50:50AM +0100, Chris Rees wrote:
>> For years, people have been begging him to get over his fear of
>> OPTIONS, and he sits in the way of progress against almost everyone's
>> wishes.
>
> It's funny -- it's not just my fear of options -- every FreeBSD using
> co-worker I talk to frequently about OPTIONS do not like them either.

What's not funny is your dreadful attitude at replying to email.  The
number of timeouts on the vim and bash ports are shameful, and we're
stuck with two bash ports because you're too lazy to keep the main one
up to date.  I really have no idea why you're still allowed to plant
your flag in the ports tree and stand in the way of progress.  Please
consider dropping the ports, so people who are happy to keep them up
to date and don't ignore bug reports can work on them.

Chris