Conversion to new options framework over

Chris Rees crees at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jun 7 19:10:01 UTC 2013

On 7 June 2013 18:55, Jim Trigg <jtrigg at spamcop.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 06, 2013 at 08:45:10AM +0200, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
>> The compatibility code to parse the WITH/WITHOUT entries in make.conf
>> will be removed in 6 months either.
>>
>> Do not forget to convert your configuration (make.conf, portsconf etc).
>> A reminder will be send a month before the removal of the compatibility
>> code.
>
> It would be useful to provide a pointer to instructions for doing so --
> what exactly replaces WITH/WITHOUT entries in make.conf? For example,
> my dedicated server has WITHOUT_X11=yes in /etc/make.conf because it's
> headless and doesn't run an X server. What should that become?
>
> I tried googling, and the github doc page's only mention of make.conf is
> to add "WITH_PKGNG=yes". Likewise the FreeBSD Handbook. The wiki
> apparently just points to the Handbook.

WITH_PKGNG is not a classical OPTION, because it doesn't apply to any
port in particular.

There is some documentation for users at [1], basically you need to
change any WITH_ variables to OPTIONS_SET=, and WITHOUT_ to
OPTIONS_UNSET=.  I'll hopefully find some time soon to get it in the
Handbook....

For example;

WITHOUT_X11=yes
WITH_CUPS=yes