Conversion to new options framework over

Jim Trigg jtrigg at spamcop.net
Fri Jun 7 18:03:33 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jun 06, 2013 at 08:45:10AM +0200, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
> The compatibility code to parse the WITH/WITHOUT entries in make.conf
> will be removed in 6 months either.
>
> Do not forget to convert your configuration (make.conf, portsconf etc).
> A reminder will be send a month before the removal of the compatibility
> code.

It would be useful to provide a pointer to instructions for doing so --
what exactly replaces WITH/WITHOUT entries in make.conf? For example,
my dedicated server has WITHOUT_X11=yes in /etc/make.conf because it's
headless and doesn't run an X server. What should that become?

I tried googling, and the github doc page's only mention of make.conf is
to add "WITH_PKGNG=yes". Likewise the FreeBSD Handbook. The wiki
apparently just points to the Handbook.

Thanks,
Jim Trigg