Portmaster is complaining about QT3 that <i donot understand

René Ladan rene at freebsd.org
Tue Jul 30 17:53:05 UTC 2013

On 30-07-2013 18:50, Edwin L. Culp W. wrote:
> # portmaster -a
> ===>>> Gathering distinfo list for installed ports
>
> ===>>> Starting check of installed ports for available updates
>
> ===>>> The misc/kdehier port has been deleted: Has expired: Depends on QT3
> ===>>> Aborting update
>
> ===>>> Killing background jobs
> Terminated
> ===>>> Exiting
>
> I have kdehier4 installed with no problem.  I can use portmaster for
> specific ports with no problem.  I have no idea where to look except
> UPDATING.

Sorry, I removed QT3/KDE3 a few days ago because they were expired (see
the archives of this list), but did not yet add an entry to UPDATING
(done now).

The best would be to upgrade KDE3 to KDE4 (or maybe Xfce or even
GNOME?), and remove any "duplicate" port (e.g. misc/kdehier is
superseded by misc/kdehier4).

> I have followed UPDATING and had done
>
> portmaster -x \*-4.10.5\* -r kdelibs-4\*
>
> all went well and now I am seeing the error in portmaster that I use to
> keep my ports up to date.   [...]
This is unrelated to KDE3 being removed.

René