[PKGNG] how about remember repository used for installation?

Alexander Yerenkow yerenkow at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 09:49:06 UTC 2013

2013/1/30 Alex Keda <admin at lissyara.su>

> 30.01.2013 15:31, Alexander Yerenkow пишет:
>
>  This is a narrow case of more wide problem.
>>
>> I think more general would be to have some sort of
>> `pkg options`
>> which will allow you to set up some options (port- and system- wide) to be
>> preferred.
>> So, in such case pkg would compare options of pkg form different repo and
>> choose right one (or most fit).
>> Or at least ask user about choice.
>>
>> Or we can start from some kind of
>> `pkg set-preferred repo REPO portname*`
>>
> and it will be store in pkg information? and used in future?

Why, yes.
That's the idea.
You should have ability to specify for some packages some criteria, based
on which pkg will choose right repo in multi-repo configuration.
Also, would be just great to have pkg-side ability to select options for
packagename, and make pkg search in all available repos most fit one with
this options.
But of course, this would make sense when there will be more than one
half-empty obsolete repo ;)
While it's not, I'm prefer to use my once set up poudriere, with my options.

Regards,
Alexander Yerenkow