The upcoming phpMyAdmin 4.0.0

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jan 28 21:56:10 UTC 2013

Dear all,

phpMyAdmin-4.0.0 is in the early stages of its release process, with
4.0.0-alpha2 released earlier today, alongside the just-committed update
for the released version to 3.5.6.

Now, my usual approach with the databases/phpmyadmin port is to track
the latest released version, except for occasional forays into beta or
release-candidate version when there have been early releases forced by
security problems.

Currently my intent is to switch databases/phpMyAdmin to track 4.0.x
shortly after that version is released.  It's a new major version with
lots of new code, a different look and feel, and one of the principal
changes is that it will require javascript to function.

What do people think?  If anyone has any reasoned objections to this,
please let me know.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--