Updating ports with portmaster after two month "vacation"

Edwin L. Culp W. edwinlculp at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 18:56:29 UTC 2013

I have not updated all my ports since the end of Noviember.

I am still using cvsup to update the machine daily and have, what I hope
is, an uptodate kernel and all programes.

# uname -a
FreeBSD home.encontacto.net 9.1-STABLE FreeBSD 9.1-STABLE #391 r229960M:
Sat Jan 26 05:06:18 CST 2013
root at home.encontacto.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ENCONTACTO
amd64

The first strange thing that I notice is:

#  portversion -v portmaster
[Updating the pkgdb <format:bdb_btree> in /var/db/pkg ... USING PKGNG
- 959 packages found (-2 +3) (...)... done]
USING PKGNG
portmaster-3.14_8           >  succeeds port (port has 3.11)

The last thing I remember doing era updating ports to PKGNG and that could
be my problem.  If so, I have no idea how to reconstruct and I'm also not
sure that cvsup is still working as before.   The kernel seems to work fine.

Another error message that I find unusual and can't explain is:

# portmaster -a
===>>> Gathering distinfo list for installed ports

===>>> Starting check of installed ports for available updates

===>>> The ports-mgmt/portmanager port has been deleted: Has expired: Does
not support modern ports features such as MOVED, is lacking upstream and
active contributions, and does not support pkgng.  Consider using
ports-mgmt/portmaster, ports-mgmt/portupgrade or pkgng
===>>> Aborting update

I can't understand the relationship to portupgrade.

I'm sure that I missed something very important since portmaster is trying
to use portupgrade.

Thanks for any help.

ed

--
Bienes Raíces in Coatepec, Veracruz, Mexico

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Inmobiliaria-Bienes-Raices-httpEcoManiainfo/102249989850215?sk=photos_albums